Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers with Oven Chips and Crunchy Salad
Souvlaki is a one of Greece’s best known street food and for good reason. It is bursting with delectable flavours. Chicken fillet cubes marinated with classic greek herbs and flavours resulting in a succulent meal that will delight the whole family.
Chicken souvlaki is a delicious colourful feast, that can be served with wraps, salads, side grilled vegetables, tzatziki or potatoes. My family loves potatoes, so the choice was an easy one for us. Thanks to McCain South Africa, for making life so much simpler with their wonderful range of frozen, convenient options. I used McCain Steakhouse Oven Chips to go with this winning chicken dish.
Greek Chicken Souvlaki
- 1 kg chicken fillets cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the cubed chicken with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme, chilli flakes, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper – allow to marinate for at least an hour
- Once chicken has marinated- thread the chicken into skewers
- Heat grill pan or skillet on medium to high heat – you could also braai the chicken or roast in the oven at 200 degree Celsius for 20 minutes
- Grill the chicken skewers until cooked and charred, turning a few times
- Serve with McCain Oven Chips and a salad
Perfect meal with bags of flavour.