Fish with Creamy Dill Sauce – Quick and easy dinner
Delicious, flaky and juicy fish fillets baked in the oven, topped with stir fry vegetables and a creamy dill sauce. Sounds amazing, right? Well, I promise that it is just that and it looks the part too.
It is quick and easy and you can have dinner ready in no time. Easy meals is what this blog is all about.
I used hake fillets with the skin on. You can use the fish that you enjoy and what you might have on hand. Frozen fish also works well here. It gets put together in under 30 minutes and here is how.
Season the fish, pop them in a pre-heated oven, whisk the dill sauce, fry the stir fry veg and set the table, as dinner is almost ready.
Feel free to use fresh vegetables in this recipe, any vegetable will work.
The dill sauce is also a winner and it is so versatile and can be served with roast potatoes, chicken, prawns, with whatever you like actually. It is made using mayonnaise, full fat yoghurt, mustard, dill (off course), chilli flakes and garlic. Yummy!!!
Once the fish is cooked, it is time to assemble. Top the the fish fillets with the dill sauce and cooked stir fry veg and enjoy.
You can serve with the starch of choice, rice goes well and so does roast potatoes. Don’t forget to tag me if you try the recipe. I hope you like it!
If you enjoy fish, then check out some of my other seafood recipes. You might like this Masala Fried Fish recipe, or how about these yummy Mackerel fillets with basil pesto. Or if you looking for something totally different then this Chicken Biryani might be worth a look at.
Baked Fish with Stir Fry Veg and Dill Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 x Fish Fillets of choice
- 3 tablespoons Fish/ Seafood Spice
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 packet McCain Stir Fry – Hawaiian
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Dill Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup Full fat yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- Chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed Garlic
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius
- Combine all the ingredients listed under Dill Sauce – whisk well until combined and keep aside in the fridge
- Pat dry the fish fillets with paper towel
- Drizzle some olive oil on a sheet pan and place the fish onto the oiled sheet pan
- Turn the fish fillets and drizzle more olive oil
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the fish/seafood spice and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked
- Heat a large pan, add butter and when melted add the garlic and Italian herbs, followed by the McCain Stir Fry veg – season and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked
- To serve, add dollops of dill sauce on top of the fish fillets and top with McCain Stir Fry Veg