A Delicious, Quick and Healthy Mongolian Vegetarian Stir Fry
Don’t we all love quick and easy meals that is packed with flavour? I certainly do. Life is busy and some nights getting take out might be a quick solution to feed those tummies but this recipe will prove that dinner can be both delicious and quick and probably quicker than getting take out too.
I used McCain Asian Stir Fry mix (I have linked it for ease of reference). You can easily add in your protein of choice. Just double the quantity for the sauce ingredients and marinate half the quantity with your protein. Fry your meat and add to the veg.
Another, quick, delicious and easy recipe to add to your collection.
Mongolian Vegetable Stir Fry
- McCain Asian Stir Fry Mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic and ginger
- ½ bunch spring onions – white and green parts chopped separately
- 1 tablespoon cornflour- maizena
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes – more if preferred
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Salt – if needed
- Sesame seeds
- In a bowl mix the cornflour/maizena, soy sauce, chilli flakes, brown sugar and white pepper until well combined and set aside
- Heat oil over medium to high heat – add the green part of the spring onions and garlic and ginger
- Followed by the onions – cook for 1 minute
- Add the Asian Stir Fry mix and allow to cook on high heat without a lid – about 10 minutes or so
- Once the water has evaporated add the soy sauce mixture to the vegetables in the pan and mix well, cook for about 3 minutes and remove from heat
- Adjust salt – if needed, remember the soy sauce is salty alreadyTop with the sesame seeds, chopped chillies and the white part of the spring onion
- Serve with steamed Jasmin rice or noodles